Thursday, December 18, 2008

Book Recommendations

I love to read. I can't read all the books I want to because of school right now, but I try to read as much as I can. If we are followers of Jesus, then we're disciples, and a disciple is a student. We're not just students for a season, we're lifelong students. And students are lifelong readers. So I encourage you to read books as often as you can, and read about subjects that you don't necessarily always agree with.

So without any further ado, here are some of the books I read in 2008 and I recommend to you. I read other books, but they aren't worth your time.

(In no particular order)

Axiom by Bill Hybels
In a pit with a lion on a snowy day by Mark Batterson
Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson
Walking with God by John Eldgridge
It by Craig Groeshel
This Beautiful Mess by Rick McKinley
The Jesus Way by Eugene Peterson
Reversed Thunder by Eugene Peterson
Living the Resurrection by Eugene Peterson
In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Pete Scazzero
The Living Church by John Stott
Prayer by Philip Yancey
The Great Omission by Dallas Willard
Experiential Worship by Bob Rognlien
The Worshippping Artist by Rory Noland
Ancient Future Worship by Robert Webber
Blended Worship by Robert Webber
Revelation's Rapsody by Bob Lowery
His Story, Our Response by Dinelle Frankland
The Shack by William Young
Chasing Francis by Ian Morgan Cron

No comments: